Guidelines on the Postgraduate Programme Application Process
The online sale of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria 2011-2012 postgraduate forms for various programmes has commenced. The closing date for the sales and submission of filled online forms is 30th November, 2011.
Please note that there will be no extension.
Available Post Graduate courses and schedule of fees can be found here
There will be entrance examination for these part time courses: MBA, MPA, PGDPA, PGDM and MIAD. The dates for the examination will be communicated by SMS and e-mails as well as the University website.
Cost of forms and particpating banks
The cost of PG form is N10,000.00. only.
Particpating (designated) banks are:
- ABU Microfinance Bank
- Unity Bank Plc
- Intercontinental Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Oceanic Bank Plc
- Stanbic IBTC
- First Bank Plc
- Union Bank
- Diamond Bank
- GT Bank
- UBA bank
Online Forms Completion Guidelines
Please read the following notes carefully and ensure that you follow them strictly as you complete the online application form.
Completing the form is broken down into a dozen simple steps. Different information items are to be supplied at different steps. You do not have to complete all steps in filling the form at the same time. The system will not allow you to move to some steps in filling the form unless you make payment in a designated bank.
The twelve steps in filling the form are listed below with a note on what you should do at each step. Please take time to read them carefully.
Forms Completion Guidelines
- Step 1: Create Account
- All information supplied in this step must be for the applicant. If you are applying for someone, you must supply the information for the applicant
- The email you supply here will be the login name of the applicant henceforth. You must supply a working email.
- Information entered here cannot be edited. Please check to confirm before you proceed!
- Step 2: Transaction ID
- You should print the Transaction ID slip generated in this step.
- Go to a designated bank to make payment.
- You can only continue with other steps of the application after making payment.
- Step 3: Biodata a. Enter additional data about yourself as required.
- Step 4: Programme
- Select the Programme of study you are applying for.
- Consult with the concerned department if you are unsure.
- Step 5: O-Level
- This is where you should enter your O-Level results.
- A maximum of two sittings are allowed.
- You should enter a minimum of five subjects before you can proceed to the next step.
- Step 6: A-Level
- A minimum M.Sc. CGPA of 3.0 is required for PhD Admission
- Step 7: Employment
- Step 8: Other Details
- Step 9: Referees
- You must supply exactly three (3) referees.
- Referees must have different emails and phone numbers.
- Referees would be notified automatically through SMS and email.
- Step 10: Photograph Upload
- Step 11: Declaration
- Step 12: Completion
- Review all information you entered before submitting your form.
- You cannot edit your form once submitted